The Masters Squad are a close-knit and highly motivated group of members who enjoy swimming and do what they can for the good of the Club. An integral part of the Club operating within its jurisdiction, under the auspices of Wiltshire ASA.
Aims to encourage swimmers to:
· continue beyond youth, or
· start swimming in a competitive environment
· achieve their own goals
· reach their full potential
· act as role models for younger club members
A very popular Squad – once joined few leave
Entry controlled by the Honorable Secretary
Eligible age group:
· from age 25 onwards
· entry is possible at age 18
· some stay on into their 80s!
· teenage swimmers often progress into Masters
· a number of younger swimmers have parents in the Squad
Currently, training is held on Monday (Masters only), Thursday and Friday evenings, Tuesday mornings and Sunday afternoons. All sessions are directed but the Head Coach or his Assistant Coaches.
Masters swimmers compete in County level Masters galas as individuals, and/or as members of a relay team. Galas are held in late February, early June and early October. They are fun and enjoyable events but taken seriously to enhance the standing on the Club across the County.
Club Championships are held each year in October as well as other occassional event such as time trials.
we have an active social programme including: curry nights, BBQs and the annual Club presentation night.