These are the most significant internal club event in the swimming calendar. Held over a number of nights for two weeks in October each year, it is a great opportunity for all Club Members and parents to get together, produce some PB’s and share a common interest.
RESULTS FROM 2018 CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS
All swimmers can take part and swim in age appropriate events. Forms with eligible events are issued in September. The coaches’ advice is for swimmers to swim all the eligible events and then you have PB’s to improve upon next year.
Medals and certificates are awarded for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. All winners must be first claim to Warminster and District ASC.
Several Club Perennial Trophies are also competed for:
- Junior Cups. Awarded to the boy and girl aged 12 years and under, with the highest accumulative points score over the four strokes in the 25 m and 50 m events.
Points are awarded as follows: 1st place – 3 points, 2nd place – 2 points, 3rd place – 1 point.
Points are calculated at the completion of the Championships and the swimmer with the highest points is awarded the trophy. In the event of a tie, the trophy is shared.
- Girl’s Craig Shield. Girl 8/under with the fastest 25 m backstroke time.
- Boy’s Craig Shield. Boys 8/under with the fastest 25 m backstroke time.
- Girl’s Jubilee Cup. Age 12 and over awarded to the swimmer with the highest points in all 200 m events.
- Boy’s Jubilee Cup. Age 12 and over awarded to the swimmer with the highest points in all 200 m events.
- Matthew Armes Shields. Awarded to the boy and girl in the aged 13-16 yrs age group, swimming all four strokes in 100 m distance events, times are added together and the fastest time overall wins the Shield.
- RACs Cups. Awarded to the boy and girl in the 12 years and under age group who has the fasted time in the 100 m Individual Medley race.
- Warminster and District ASC 25th Anniversary (Jubilee) Cup. Awarded to the male and female swimmer aged 13-16 years with the biggest accumulative points score in the five 200 m events. Where 1st place=3 points, 2nd place=2 points and 3rd place=1 point.
- Keith Webb Cup. Awarded to a single swimmer in the 10 years and under age group for the 25 m Butterfly. The swimmer with the biggest improvement in their 25 m fly time when compared to the previous years’ time is the winner.
- Girl’s Club Champion. All ages, awarded to the swimmer with the fastest 100 m Individual Medley time.
- Boy’s Club Champion. All ages, awarded to the swimmer with the fastest 100 m Individual Medley time.
- Master’s Trophies. Awarded to the male and female swimmers aged 25 years and over with the highest accumulative points score in the four 100 m events. Points are awarded as follows: 1st place=3 points, 2nd place=2 points and 3rd place=1 point.
- Fudge Trust Cup. Awarded to any Master’s swimmer (aged 25 years and over) who in the opinion of the coaching team has made the most improvement over the last year.
- Community Cup. Awarded to a single swimmer from the 17-24 years age group with the highest accumulative points score in the four 100 m events. Points are awarded as follows:1st place=3 points, 2nd place=2 points and 3rd place=1 point.
- Webber Salver. Awarded to a female swimmer under 25 years of age who has shown the most progress throughout the year. The winner is decided by the Coaching Team.
- Selby Salver. Awarded to a male swimmer under 25 years old who has shown the most progress throughout the year. The winner is decided by the Coaching Team.
- Driver’s Trophy. Awarded to a single swimmer of any age and decided by the Club Coaching Team. This is awarded to a swimmer for their efforts in swimming throughout the year. (A swimmer that has been awarded any other trophy in the Championships will not be eligible to receive this trophy). The trophy was presented to the club by the Beeline driver who regularly drove the teams to events.
- Steve Taylor Development Trophy. Donated by the Taylor Family in memory of Steve Taylor. Awarded to a volunteer of the Club who has made a significant contribution to the Club during the year or over a number of years. Winner is decided by the Committee.
- Granny B Memorial Trophy. Awarded to any swimmer, volunteer or associate of the Club for hidden commitment. Someone who has exemplified the values and standards of the Club and displayed care and consideration to others. Awarded by the Coaches, Poolside Helpers and Committee. In memory of Brenda Phillips, long serving Club Secretary and known affectionately as ‘Granny B’ by all swimmers.
Additionally there will be the awards that were introduced last year (2016) to reward those swimmers whose attitude and love of the sport shine out. These medals will be awarded on the presentation evening to those who may not achieve a Bronze, Silver or Gold but demonstrate one of the following qualities, both in normal training sessions and during the Club Championships:
Determination Passion Courage Respect
All medals, certificates and trophies for these Championships are presented at the Club’s Annual Presentation Night which is held this year on Friday 30th November 2018 – N.B. there will be no squad swimming session that night.